With liquidity harder to find and margins being eroded, banks face unprecedented pressures to manage their cash effectively. As a result, banks need to rationalise nostro accounts and reduce manual processes through the use of automated, real-time systems to create automated intra-day processes that ensure the rapid identification of long and short positions.
SmartStream TLM Cash & Liquidity Management enables banks to break down organisational silos with a single enterprise-wide solution for cash and treasury management, exceptions management and reconciliations management. It creates a global, real-time view of all money movements, cash and liquidity positions to support optimal investment and lending opportunities.
TLM Cash & Liquidity Management delivers:
- Significant cost reductions by retiring multiple legacy systems and spreadsheets while reducing the manual workload
- Reduced operational risk through real-time reconciliations and same-day exception identification and resolution
- Improved balance management through automation of standard tasks, leaving staff more time to focus on critical tasks
- More profitable cash management by real-time tracking and monitoring of surplus positions, automated account sweeping and removing reliance on costly intra-day borrowing to boost liquidity
- More effective investment and funding decisions provided by greater visibility of cash movements
- Improved balance information through the reconciliation of correspondent movements, removing reliance on assumed settlement and next day statements
- More efficient management of higher transaction volumes and global cash movements without increasing headcount